Space to Speak
Time to Think
At times everyone faces challenges, both in their personal lives and at work, that are difficult to address alone. Located in The School House, South London, This Is My Path Ltd offers positive help and support with a range of personal and career issues.
I work with people who are stuck and want to get moving again in some area of their lives.
They can be stuck for many reasons, but commonly this is some form of anxiety, depression or a life event, such as the death of someone close or a major illness.
To address these challenges, I offer the space and time to explore what is bothering you, what is the best thing to focus on right now, and how we can work together to get things moving again.
I work integratively, which means that I have a toolkit of approaches that we choose from, guided by where you believe the root of your problems lie.
For example, if it seems that you have several parts of you that argue internally, we may run an experiment to make these conversations explicit. We can then explore the conflict and negotiate a way forward.
I encourage feedback from you on what is working, what is working not so well, and when we should switch focus to work on something different.
Following our initial session, weekly sessions last 50 minutes for typically a minimum of six weeks.
I work across the spectrum of career issues from the practical to the exploratory.
Practical support includes:-
- Presenting yourself strongly in a CV, clearly articulating your strengths and experience.
- Developing your professional network face to face and via LinkedIn.
- Working out where to look for roles and implementing an application strategy, including compelling cover letters.
- Preparing for interview by rehearsing your skills stories and developing answers to common questions.
More open ended career conversations may explore:-
- Where you are in your life, and what has brought you to this point.
- What is valuable to you, both inside and outside of work.
- What you want to achieve in the future.
Sessions usually last an hour but can be flexed to 50, 90 or 120 minutes.
Phone and Skype
I work both via phone and Skype. I prefer to meet people face to face before we move to voice or video, but this isn’t essential.